Monday 25 March 2019

Morse Coding

Morse Code is a encoding scheme and is a form of common telecommunication that consists of using a machine to send encoded messages made up of two signal durations, known as "Dots and Dashes" or "Dits and Dahs". In the 1900s, Morse code was generated from a small machine known as "The Bug", which was a small electric device that consisted of a paddle and a small knob. The user would have to press quickly if they needed a "Dot" or they would hold it down slightly longer for a "Dash" (the same goes for "Dits and Dahs"). Although old telegraphing machines are still commonly used today, modern military forces have devised different ways to generate Morse,including using computer software and using handheld devices known as "Keyers", which is more likely used in the open as a way to signal emergency's and warn the main HQ of that force. 
This was for free writing that I did last week, but now I actually finished it. :-)
So, for free writing,we got to write anything that our mind came up with. I chose Morse code because,from reading a lot of war stories,Morse code is a pretty interesting topic that I thought I wanted to write about. I found this a bit difficult to write about because talking about Morse code is a bit hard to explain properly. Next time,I am going to work on trying to explain in a easier way.
Anyways,Hope you all enjoy and i'll see you all later.

2 comments:

  1. This seems very unfinished for you Mase. I would be interested to read more about morse code.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you completed this piece Mase. You managed to explain a very tricky subject well. Do you know who invented morse code and when?

      Delete