Monday 29 April 2019

ANZAC Parade

Last week, on the 25th of April,I was involved in the ANZAC march. For this event, we marched from Gillies Street to the War Memorial Park. From there, current men and women in service would line up in their service lines (Air force, Fire department and Police), while retired members would have their own separate seating. The service chiefs and some school members would then lay down their wreaths (after Bubble spoke and the other memorial acts ensued) and returned to the parade line. After that, The last post would play with the coming down of the flag, and then reveille would play after that. The last ode would also be recited, and the head girl and head boy of the college would recite their own poems. After a song and the national anthem, the parade would be separated and the people would resume their day as normal. Overall, I enjoyed the parade and, thinking about what these soldiers went through for our freedom, I could not be more grateful.


Hello, I'm back for another term. So, coming back with a positive mental attitude meant it was refreshing to write another piece. Honestly, I didn't really find it hard to write this. I decided to write about this because it was a very good parade and it was nice to be there. Anyway, hope it catches your interests. See Ya!

3 comments:

  1. Hey its me cooper terry from Kawakawa primary school and you will know me as a friend cause im in room 6 and your writing is really cool I wish I was there

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey its cooper again I just wanted to say that was a lot of writing and good information

    ReplyDelete