Monday 8 April 2019

Jury Nullification

Jury Nullification is a concept that the Jury find the defendant not guilty because they do not support a certain government law,do not think it's a law good for human rights or do not support the said punishment out of the guilty outcome. This concept also works for sentencing people that are Not Guilty,because they do not believe in a certain law. In America in the 1850s, Jury nullification was used to appease the freedom of slaves,that was protected by Secretary Of State David Webster. It was also used after the civil war, where the jury decided to keep the White Soldiers (who were then accused of crimes by dark colored soldiers) safe,despite large amounts of correct evidence.
Hello,My name is Mase and this is my last piece of free writing for the term! For this, I decided to write about Jury Nullification because I was reading a bit of it before and so I decided to research more on it,so that was that. Anyways, I hope you enjoy and next term,it will be back...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment